How To Listen
Awesome music, stories and audio activities all day, every day!
HOW DO I LISTEN TO KINDERLING KIDS RADIO?
- Download our mobile app – available on iOS or Android
- If you have an iOS device, you can also enjoy exclusive content and features by subscribing to Kinderling Premium.
TUNE IN OR STREAM US
- If you have a DAB+ digital radio, just scan for ‘Kids' to tune into our live broadcast.
- Stream us live from this website.
- Listen to us on Google or Amazon home speakers. Just ask for Kinderling Kids Radio.
- Find your favourite Kinderling shows on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts from.
- Look for our shows on Qantas and Jetstar in-flight entertainment.
APPLE MUSIC & SPOTIFY
- Find our curated music playists on Apple Music and Spotify.
WHAT'S THE FREQUENCY OF YOUR RADIO STATION?
As we’re on DAB+ digital radio, we don’t have a frequency or number (only analogue radio stations have them). Digital radio boasts more stations, better sound quality, song info and more. Check out the range of digital radio sets on the Digital Radio Plus site.
HOW DO I FIND KINDERLING ON DIGITAL RADIO?
Just search for ‘Kinderling’ or ‘Kids’ on your digital radio set. If you can’t see us listed, select ‘Autoscan’ to refresh its station listings.
DOES KINDERLING BROADCAST/STREAM TO EVERYWHERE IN AUSTRALIA?
The short answer is yes, but it does depend how you are listening. Currently, Kinderling Kids Radio is broadcast on digital radio in state capitals and is trialling in Darwin and Canberra. Check availability based on area/postcode on the Digital Radio Plus site.
However, you can stream us online or our app anywhere in Australia. The website is time-shifted and the app lets you pick your location so the station matches your timezone.
IS DIGITAL RADIO THE SAME THING AS STREAMING?
No, they’re different. Digital radio refers to DAB+ (Digital Audio Broadcast) where our radio signal is broadcast from a transmission tower to an entire area, which is received via antenna in your radio unit.
Streaming is where computer, tablet or smart phone creates a one-to-one connection with our online server in the cloud and is streamed audio.
WILL STREAMING OVER THE INTERNET USE MY DATA?
Yes, streaming Kinderling Kids Radio for one hour on a computer or mobile device will consume approximately 30-60 MB on your Wi-Fi or phone plan – roughly equivalent to three hours of social media or 10-20 minutes of Youtube.
WHAT IS KINDERLING PREMIUM?
iOS users can now pay to subscribe to a premium version of the Kinderling App. Premium users have access to ad-free listening, a range of exclusive premium content (such as new seasons of Bedtime Explorers), as well as many special new features. Kinderling is working towards the release of an Android version of Kinderling Premium as soon as possible.