Print this list out. Stick it up in your cupboard. Never run out of lunchbox ideas again!
I confess. I’m stuck for school lunch box ideas already. Yes, I know it’s only been a week, but my son has already started with the “not jam sandwiches again,” whinge that we all know and love.
Our friends at Babyology put their heads together to come up with this list of fresh and healthy new ideas for the school lunch box, and now we’re sharing it with you. Oh, and they kept it allergy-friendly too, so no peanut butter in sight!
Let us know what special snacks you put in the lunch box – the more ideas we get, the less chance of hearing, “Mum, I’m hungry,” the moment our children get home from school (with their lunches still uneaten, might I add).
- Vegemite and cheese
- Bacon, lettuce and tomato
- Salmon, avocado and cream cheese
- Turkey and cranberry sauce
- Banana and honey
- Grated apple and sultanas
- Nutella and banana
- Roast chicken and avocado
- Chicken and pesto
- Tuna, corn and mayo
- Egg salad
- Hommus and ham
- Pastrami and pickles
- Mustard, ham and cheese
- Roast beef and Dijon mustard
- Avocado and cheese
- Tuna, mayo and lettuce
- Bacon and egg
- Banana pancakes
- Mini pizzas
- Potato salad
- Cheese, deli meat and crackers
- Cheese, cucumber, grape tomato and pepperoni stick kabobs
- Ham and cheese croissants
- Veggie spring rolls
- Chicken and tomato sauce quesidillas
- Banana and nutella wraps
- Bagel with cream cheese
- Quinoa pikelets
- Zucchini and cheese fritters
- Bread sticks with dipping sauce
- Rice salad
- Pasta salad
- Raisin bagel with butter
- Chicken and pesto wraps
- Cucumber and cream cheese sushi
- Vegie tacos
- Zucchini and cream cheese balls
- Tortilla chips with guacamole and salsa
- Chicken, avocado and cream cheese wraps
- Savoury muffins
- Mini quiche
- Cheesy damper scones
- Feta and spinach triangles
- Cheese and Vegemite scrolls
- Mini sausage rolls
- Homemade chicken nuggets with sweet chilli sauce
- Cauliflower and cheese nuggets
- Pizza scrolls or Pizza pinwheels
- Mini meatballs and dipping sauce
- Twiggy sticks
- Stuffed pita bread
Snacks on the side
- Homemade nut-free muesli bars
- Hot cross bun with butter
- Veggie or fruit chips
- Sultanas in cottage cheese
- Banana bread
- Zucchini bread
- Zucchini slice
- Protein balls
- Apricot bliss balls
- Roasted chickpeas
- Boiled egg
- Cheese straws
- Oven-baked pita bread with dip
- Babybel cheese
- Trail mix
- Pretzel sticks
- Homemade fruit leathers
- Mini muffins
- Roasted pumpkin seeds
- Rice pudding
- Apple sauce
- Fruit cake
Fruit and veggie snacks
- Zucchini chips
- Watermelon pizza with feta
- Kale chips
- Edamame with a dash of salt
- Sugar, snow or snap peas
- Greek salad – cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, cucumber, red onion drizzled in olive oil
- Carrot sticks and hummus
- Celery stop lights – celery with cream cheese and Smarties
- Rice crackers and avocado
- Dried pineapple rings
- Seed butter and sultana celery sticks
- Fresh fruit kabob
- Frozen berries with yoghurt dip
- Cucumber sticks and tzatziki
- Melons with cottage cheese
- Strawberries with dipping sauce
- Dried mango slices
- Apple slinkies
- Dried banana, apricot and sultana medley
- Blueberry or grape butterflies
This article originally appeared on Babyology.
5 tips that will help you break out of the "boring" lunchbox
Sushi sandwiches, pinwheel wraps and more! These lunch options are so good, you'll want to try them too.
7 secrets of school lunchbox ninjas (AKA mums with experience!)
Has anybody else gone completely lunchbox loopy?
3 lunch box must-haves with The Healthy Mummy
Tips for doing this essential chore that we'd rather avoid!
A five-step guide to packing your toddler’s lunchbox (so they actually eat it!)
1. Pack two courses.
Fun spooky Halloween mini-pizzas in 10 minutes!
This 10-minute spooky pizza recipe is perfect for your little monsters on Halloween!
Recipe: Chocolate chip Anzac slice
Your favourite cookie got a delicious makeover!
These Bluey birthday cakes are all the inspiration you need!
These cakes are seriously impressive!
'90s canteen foods that were the bomb back in the day
... but you probably wouldn't let your kids order them now!