Thank goodness for the digital age! Co-parenting can be so much easier with a few carefully chosen apps to help organise your two separate lives around your kids.
Here are six great options to try!
This simple app isn’t just great for co-parents but also other carers who are helping or involved in your children’s lives, such as grandparents, nannies, aunts and uncles. SharedCare keeps you in control of every aspect of your kids’ lives, from care arrangements, expenses (including reimbursement requests), sharing news and photos, or just keeping everyone on the same page – it’s got all the information you need right at your fingertips.
Key features include:
- Shared calendar – so everyone’s across the schedule and important dates.
- Care arrangements – request to swap days, schedule in holidays, check the care roster and more.
- Expense recorder – keep track of all child related expenses such as school fees, medical bills or even pocket money and store receipts for reference.
- Group news feed – great for making sure parents and family members don’t miss out on important milestones and events, without having to interact with the parent or carer in charge at the time.
Designed to reduce stress and focus on a shared commitment to raising children in the best way possible, Parentship helps parents better manage emotional distress or ambiguity in order to schedule, communicate and keep track of their activity and custody calendar.
Key features include:
- Customised dashboard – shows upcoming events and alerts at a glance.
- Reminders – set reminders so you never forget important events again.
- Custom calendaring – coordinate your calendar without having to email, text or call.
- Smart profile – everything about your child in one digital location.
- Digital documents – eliminate the need to track important documents between homes.
Cost: Free for the first month, annual cost $39.99 or monthly $3.99
Designed for family connection, FamCal is really handy for all kinds of families – not just those who are co-parenting. A shared calendar, it allows you to share dates, schedules, tasks and notes all in the same place so everyone is in sync and organised.
Key features include:
- Family calendar – colour code events and people, share events, set up reminders and more.
- Lists and tasks – share grocery lists, work schedules, assign tasks and more.
- Family notes – share notes with anyone in the family with access to the app, jot down moments and more.
4. Parenting Apart
Created by divorce coach and parent educator, Christina McGhee, the Parenting Apart app is all about helping parents navigate the change to family life when separated, with minimal negative impact. It gives parents guidance, knowledge and quick answers to tough problems when co-parenting. With everything from emotional signs to look for in children, to legal options and how to discuss divorce with the kids, it’s a handy tool to help parents calmly manage the well-being of their children and themselves.
Download: Apple / Android not available
A great option for parents who are separated with children between two homes, 2Houses allows you to easily organise the custody schedule, manage the children’s expenses, upload photos and journal notes, exchange school details, medical information and more.
Cost: Free 14 day trial, upgrades available
6. Cozi (Family Organiser)
Another great family calendar app that gets everyone on the same page with minimal fuss and stress. Cozi is ideal for co-parents, and super busy families or those with multiple carers. It allows you to set up a shared calendar, create to-do lists and even share recipes (great for when children may have specific allergies or dietary requirements).
Cost: Free with upgrades available
What apps or systems do you use to make co-parenting easier?
This article was originally published on Babyology.
The best music apps for kids
Got a little Prince or a baby Beyonce in the house? Encourage their music talent with these fun and creative apps.
5 awesome apps for new school starters
Letters and numbers don't stand a chance with these exciting and interactive apps under $10.
Download shows, stories and sleepy tunes with our free app
New episodes of Sarah & Duck, Hey Duggee and Kazoops just added!
6 free health apps for your family
We know your phone is filled with baby pictures, but these are worth making room for.
8 awesome apps that make parenting easier
Save money, time and your sanity with these helpful phone apps.
4 common skin conditions small kids will experience in summer
Plus how to prevent them.
The top 5 popular kids’ birthday party themes for your next fiesta
There's an idea for every child in here.
6 calming techniques for busy kids
Tried and true methods for winding down.