Wanting to avoid a chocolate coma this year? Make these together, and fill with other special goodies instead!
We made these adorable Easter bunny bags one year for the kids’ classmates. They were such a huge hit. These bunny bags are great for giving small trinkets for Easter instead of chocolate eggs (or chocolate eggs too, of course).
You can fill your bunny bags with healthy biscuits or treats, or even small jars of playdough or little Easter gifts like plastic eggs or bunnies.
How to make bunny bags
What you’ll need:
• glassine or paper bags
• patterned paper
• string (or ribbon if you prefer to be fancy)
• hole punch
• trinkets to include
Putting it together:
1. Cut the top of the bags into ‘ear’ shapes. Start at one corner and cut down in a curve then cut straight across before cutting back up to the opposite corner with a (sort of) matching curve.
2. Take the Sharpie and draw cute faces on your bags. You can also draw a tail on the other side if you like. The kids had a ball making all different kinds of bunny faces – some more successful than others.
3. Use the hole punch to punch four holes (mine is a fancy love heart one, but any old hole punch will do the trick). Two just underneath the straight bunny head and two just above and outside the first holes.
4. Cut inner-ear shapes out of the patterned paper. Fold each bunny ear flat and glue on the inner ear.
5. Thread the string through the inner holes, cross and then through the outer holes. You can make your bow at the front or the back, it’s up to you (we started with front bows, but decided we liked back bows better).
6. Pull the string tight and tie firmly with a bow. Doing lots of these is great bow-tying practice for little kids (but acknowledge that you will have crumply, well-loved bags by the time the bow is tied). All done!
Republished with permission from Mumlyfe.
Recipe: Maltesers and Easter Egg Bark
Have an abundance of Easter Eggs? Rework them with this yummy treat.
Ethical Easter eggs and where to find them (hint: it's really easy!)
This Easter season while we fill up on choccie eggs, is there a way to make a smart choice at the checkout?
How to limit your child’s chocolate intake
Now that the Easter bunny and the rellies have unloaded all the choccie eggs...
13 funny Easter fails to help you laugh off the sugar crash
Because sometimes Easter celebrations can go a little bit wrong.
8 spooktacularly cute ideas for your Halloween party!
Make your fam’s Halloween party the best on the block with these 8 cute spooky (but not too spooky) party ideas.
Magic up some spooky fun with these 9 Halloween DIY activities
Get crafty with these spooktacular Halloween activities the kids can make themselves.
To the moon and back! 12 fun activities for your space-loving toddler
12 easy space-themed activities for toddlers and kids
7 brilliant ideas for an out-of-this-world space-themed party
To infinity and beyond! Here's all the inspo you need for your child's space party.