When you think about it (which we try not to do so often), stuffed animals are super gross. They go EVERYWHERE with attached kids. They’re snuggled when sick, brought in the pram, taken to the beach, come along on public transport, the list goes on! And this can mean they end up looking a little sad, with stains all over the place.
So, what’s the best way to keep these companions looking fluffy, fine and fresh? Pop Sugar has shared two great ways to give Bunny (or Bear, or Unicorn, or whoever lives in your house) a makeover.
Washing machine method
- Pop Bunny into one of those mesh laundry bags you use for delicates. This will keep them protected from the tumbling of the cycle.
- Pop in the machine and select either the gentle or delicate cycle. The normal cycle will end up in a very misshaped Bunny.
- Do not use hot water! Either warm or cool.
- Once finished, relieve Bunny from the confines of the bag, then poke and prod until they look normal again.
- Hang Bunny up on the washing line with a standard peg and let air dry. The dryer is a no-go as it causes shrinkage (plus it would melt any little plastic bits).
This way is much better for delicate toys.
- Fill up a large bowl with warm water and add a teaspoon of liquid dish soap. Mix to combine.
- Pop Bunny into the bowl and cover completely in the suds. Gently rub Bunny with your hands to remove any dirt build-up. For any particularly difficult stains, grab an old soft-bristled toothbrush to get in there.
- Rinse Bunny with warm or cool water, wring out excess water and pop on the clothes line to air dry.
Easy peasy! No more worrying about the diseases this inanimate member of the family might be carrying.
The 4 best toys to pack for travel with kids
Great off-screen activities to keep the kids entertained.
13 resourceful hacks for organising toys
Because kids spread them EVERYWHERE.
Finding time for homework when it feels like there’s none
It turns out homework is just as painful as a parent as it was as a kid.
It's the messy house that undoes me
Five hours of broken sleep and a tantrum in the supermarket may rattle me; but grimy handprints on the fridge and puzzle pieces stuffed under the couch see me yelling…
Over 100 easy ideas for healthy school lunch boxes
Never run out of inspiration again!
Recipe: Egg and dairy-free chocolate marble banana bread
Hooray! A vegan banana bread recipe that everyone can enjoy!
11 kids' beds that are the stuff of dreams
Some inspiration that'll really give your kids' bedroom the X-factor.
14 easy party ideas for kids who love trucks
What is it with little ones and trucks?!