Posted by Claire Power (Healthy French Wife) at May 31 2019, 10:12am
After a tasty vegan banana bread that EVERYONE can enjoy? Look no further! Sub in some gluten-free flour and you'll have yourself an all-round allergy-friendly winner.
1 in 10 babies born in Australia today will develop a food allergy before their first birthday – but that doesn’t mean they have to go without. There are many delicious recipes that can be made without ingredients such as dairy or egg, like this one by Claire Power of Healthy French Wife.
Vegan chocolate marble banana bread
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 50 - 60 minutes
- 2 cups of wholemeal flour
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp of soy or nut milk
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 2 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup or stevia
- 1/2 cup of cacao
- 1 extra banana to top
- Preheat your oven at 180°C.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a blender mash the bananas (or use a fork).
- In a bowl mix the dry ingredients together then add the bananas mashed and the wet ingredients apart from the cacao.
- Put half of the batter on the side then add the cacao in the remaining batter.
- Spoon a layer of the banana layer then a layer of the chocolate layer until you use them both.
- Top with a sliced banana.
- Cook in the oven for 50-60 minutes.
Always check the labels of ingredients for any cross-contamination risks.
For more information on being allergy aware, visit Allergy and Anaphylaxis Australia.
Recipe: 4 ingredient Milo Balls
Recipe: Toblerone Cheesecake Balls
Fun spooky Halloween mini-pizzas in 10 minutes!
This 10-minute spooky pizza recipe is perfect for your little monsters on Halloween!
Recipe: Chocolate chip Anzac slice
Your favourite cookie got a delicious makeover!
These Bluey birthday cakes are all the inspiration you need!
These cakes are seriously impressive!
'90s canteen foods that were the bomb back in the day
... but you probably wouldn't let your kids order them now!
This rocking chair with attached bassinet is hands-down the most genius invention ever
Recipe: Super-easy apple, cinnamon and oat pikelets
Your toddler's new favourite snack!