Posted by Claire Power (Healthy French Wife) at May 31 2019, 10:12am
After a tasty vegan banana bread that EVERYONE can enjoy? Look no further! Sub in some gluten-free flour and you'll have yourself an all-round allergy-friendly winner.
1 in 10 babies born in Australia today will develop a food allergy before their first birthday – but that doesn’t mean they have to go without. There are many delicious recipes that can be made without ingredients such as dairy or egg, like this one by Claire Power of Healthy French Wife.
Vegan chocolate marble banana bread
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 50 - 60 minutes
- 2 cups of wholemeal flour
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp of soy or nut milk
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 2 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup or stevia
- 1/2 cup of cacao
- 1 extra banana to top
- Preheat your oven at 180°C.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a blender mash the bananas (or use a fork).
- In a bowl mix the dry ingredients together then add the bananas mashed and the wet ingredients apart from the cacao.
- Put half of the batter on the side then add the cacao in the remaining batter.
- Spoon a layer of the banana layer then a layer of the chocolate layer until you use them both.
- Top with a sliced banana.
- Cook in the oven for 50-60 minutes.
Always check the labels of ingredients for any cross-contamination risks.
For more information on being allergy aware, visit Allergy and Anaphylaxis Australia.
Recipe: 4 ingredient Milo Balls
Recipe: Toblerone Cheesecake Balls
Over 100 easy ideas for healthy school lunch boxes
Never run out of inspiration again!
11 kids' beds that are the stuff of dreams
Some inspiration that'll really give your kids' bedroom the X-factor.
14 easy party ideas for kids who love trucks
What is it with little ones and trucks?!
A nutritionist's top five tips for fighting the endless fatigue
The food you eat can be your biggest ally!
Zoe Foster-Blake joins the 'mums who invent weird food for their kids' gang
Do we feel a cookbook coming on?
7 baking fails that prove you should NEVER attempt a Peppa Pig cake
Getting the nose right is VERY IMPORTANT, people.