This chocolatey treat is super easy to make with kids. You just have to supervise melting the chocolate, but kids will love the decorating part.
You can use filled eggs, crunchy speckled eggs, and white chocolate as the recipe does here, or you can pick a difference chocolate base and opt for your fave Easter egg flaves instead.
Just make sure you have all your decorating bits and bobs ready to go when the chocolate melts, as it does set quite quickly. It’s best kept in the fridge after it sets (unless you munch it all down in one sitting!).
Maltesers and Easter Egg Bark
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 200g of white chocolate
- 100g of speckled Easter Eggs
- 5 caramel filled Easter Eggs
- 30g of Maltesers
- Cover a small baking tray with baking paper and place your Easter eggs and Maltesers close by.
- Break the white chocolate into pieces and place in a microwave safe bowl. Cook for 30 second spurts until the white chocolate has almost melted before removing from the microwave and stirring until it completely melts. If you have a Thermomix or similar, place chocolate into your Thermomix bowl. Mix for 10 seconds on speed 8 to grate the chocolate before cooking for 5 minutes at 50 degrees on speed 3 – or until the chocolate has melted.
- Working quickly, pour the melted chocolate onto the prepared baking tray and move the tray around to spread the chocolate until you have a thin layer.
- Sprinkle the Easter eggs and Maltesers over the top of the melted white chocolate until it's covered.
- Once done, place the Maltesers and Easter Egg Chocolate Bark into the fridge for 1 hour or until it's set.
- Remove from the fridge and cut or break into large pieces. Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to enjoy.
Republished with permission from Create Bake Make.
Ethical Easter eggs and where to find them (hint: it's really easy!)
This Easter season while we fill up on choccie eggs, is there a way to make a smart choice at the checkout?
How to limit your child’s chocolate intake
Now that the Easter bunny and the rellies have unloaded all the choccie eggs...
Parents reveal top tunes for Easter road trips with kids
We've surveyed over 1,000 parents to find out Australia's fave road trip tunes!
13 funny Easter fails to help you laugh off the sugar crash
Because sometimes Easter celebrations can go a little bit wrong.
What's the best time to leave for a sleep-filled road trip?
Making sure the drive there is as restful as the rest of the holiday.
Fun spooky Halloween mini-pizzas in 10 minutes!
This 10-minute spooky pizza recipe is perfect for your little monsters on Halloween!
Recipe: Chocolate chip Anzac slice
Your favourite cookie got a delicious makeover!
These Bluey birthday cakes are all the inspiration you need!
These cakes are seriously impressive!