These Pizza Pinwheels are guaranteed to be a hit with the kids and the perfect way to get the little ones involved in cooking! They’re so super easy to make - the kids will love choosing their own toppings and spreading them out over the pastry before you pop them in the oven.
You can also make them in advance and keep in the freezer until needed, and they are also a great way to use up any leftover ingredients floating around the fridge.
The recipe calls for pizza sauce when making these Pizza Pinwheels, however you can also use pasta sauce or crushed tomatoes if that’s all you have. We’ve had fun coming up with a few different ingredient combinations (salami, olives and cheese is awesome), but these traditional ham, cheese and pineapple pizza pinwheels are our favourites by far.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 sheets of puff pastry - partially thawed
- 100 g of shaved ham
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of tasty cheese
- 1/2 cup of crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons of mixed herbs
- 2/3 cup of pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons of BBQ sauce
- 1 egg - lightly beaten
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees (fan forced) and line two trays with baking paper.
- Cut the ham into small pieces and set aside until needed.
- Place the two sheets of puff pastry which have partially thawed, onto your kitchen bench and brush the top and bottom edges of the pastry lightly with the beaten egg.
- Spread the pizza sauce over each sheet of pastry, leaving a 1cm border. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of BBQ sauce to each pastry sheet.
- Sprinkle half of the ham pieces over the pizza sauce on each sheet of pastry and top with the pineapple and mozzarella.
- Carefully roll up the pastry, starting at the bottom with the edge brushed with egg, and roll to enclose the filling. Repeat.
- Place both of the rolled-up sheets of pastry into the fridge for 15 minutes to firm.
- Remove the pastry from the fridge and cut each roll into eight equal pieces. Place each pizza pinwheel onto your prepared baking trays.
- Brush a little of the beaten eggs over each pinwheel and sprinkle the with the remaining tasty cheese and mixed herbs.
- Place the Pizza Pinwheels into the oven to cook for 12 - 15 minutes or until they are puffed and golden - serve immediately.
Republished with permission from Create Bake Make.
Recipe: Mac and Cheese with hidden veggies
Kids won't even realise!
5 winning freezer-friendly meals to cook in bulk
Red-hot recipes to save your time and sanity.
Recipe: The Ultimate Mars Bar and Maltesers Slice
A simple twist on a classic.
5 tips that will help you break out of the "boring" lunchbox
Sushi sandwiches, pinwheel wraps and more! These lunch options are so good, you'll want to try them too.
Easy finger food recipes for babies and toddlers
Tasty meals for little hands and mouths from One Handed Cooks.
Recipe: Pumpkin and Oat Muffins
Use up your leftover pumpkin and trick the kids into eating it, too.
3 sweet corn recipes for summer
Fresh, nutritious and tasty ideas for this yellow vege.
Recipe: Cornflake Cookies
Remember this childhood classic?!