Love some cake with your coffee? This yummy Strawberry and Coconut Bread recipe is perfect with a cuppa.
If you aren’t a fan of strawberries (WHAT!) you can certainly leave them out, or add in another berry, but they do make this cake just that little bit more special.
It’s perfect on its own but for something a little more special try toasting it under the grill and drizzling a little honey over the top – yum!
Strawberry and Coconut Bread
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 300 ml milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 375 g of plain flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 200 g of caster sugar
- 150 g of shredded coconut
- 75 g of butter
- 8 fresh strawberries to decorate
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and line a large loaf tin with baking paper.
- Place the butter into a microwave safe bowl and cook in 30 second spurts until it has melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Add the dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix to combine. Add the eggs, milk and melted butter and fold through until mixture has just combined.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared loaf tin and decorate the top with sliced strawberries.
- Place the loaf tin into the oven and bake for one hour and five minutes or until cooked through when tested with a skewer.
Republished with permission from Create Bake Make.
Recipe: Toblerone Cheesecake Balls
Easy finger food recipes for babies and toddlers
Tasty meals for little hands and mouths from One Handed Cooks.
Recipe: Cornflake Cookies
Remember this childhood classic?!
Hey presto! 4 one-pot wonder recipes
Which also means only one pot to wash up.
Recipe: Pumpkin and Oat Muffins
Use up your leftover pumpkin and trick the kids into eating it, too.
5 tasty and easy slow cooker recipes
Quick, easy and most of all - yummy!
Recipe: The Ultimate Mars Bar and Maltesers Slice
A simple twist on a classic.
Fun spooky Halloween mini-pizzas in 10 minutes!
This 10-minute spooky pizza recipe is perfect for your little monsters on Halloween!