If you didn’t think Mars Bar Slice could get any more indulgent, then you just HAVE TO try this Ultimate Mars Bar and Maltesers Slice!
A total of FIVE Mars Bars, TWO blocks of Milk Chocolate and a bag of Dark Chocolate Maltesers (so it’s not for the dieters out there) are combining to create a rich and decadent slice.
This slice takes no time at all to make, regardless of whether you are using a Thermomix or not. And once you have tried it, you will never go back to making Mars Bar Slice any other way!
The Ultimate Mars Bar and Maltesers Slice
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 5 Mars Bars
- 140g bag of dark chocolate Maltesers
- 125g of butter
- 11/2 tablespoons of golden syrup
- 4 cups of puffed rice cereal
- 400g of milk chocolate
- Line a 28 x 18cm tin with baking paper. Make sure you leave plenty of paper hanging over the sides to help you remove the Mars Bar and Maltesers Slice once it has set.
- Chop ONE Mars Bar into small pieces and set aside. Also roughly chop the Maltesers and set aside until needed.
- Roughly chop four of the Mars Bars into small pieces and place them into a medium size saucepan. Add the butter and golden syrup and stir over a low heat until all of the ingredients have melted and combined. If you have a Thermomix, you can pop all of these ingredients into your Thermomix bowl and cook for three minutes, 60 degrees, speed 3.
- Place the rice bubbles and extra chopped up Mars Bar in a separate bowl and pour the melted over ingredients over them (or add to Thermomix bowl if using). Mix together until combined and pour into a slice tray. Use the back of a metal spoon to spread and press the slice into the tray.
- Break the milk chocolate into squares and place in a microwave safe bowl and cook for 30 second spurts and stirring in between until melted. If using a Thermomix, put milk chocolate into a clean bowl and cook for two minutes, 50 dgerees, speed 3.
- Pour melted chocolate over the slice and decorate with the chopped Maltesers. Place into the fridge for 4 hours to set.
- Cut the set Mars Bar and Maltesers Slice into pieces and enjoy!
Republished with permission from Create Bake Make.
Recipe: 4 ingredient Milo Balls
10 superfoods to feed your baby when they start solids
'Cause they really are super.
Recipe: Nut Free Muesli Bars
Kids love 'em and they're delectable for grownup sweet cravings too.
Awesome school lunch hacks with One Handed Cooks
Sushi sandwiches, pinwheel wraps and more! These lunch options are so good, you'll want to try them too.
Easy finger food recipes for babies and toddlers
Tasty meals for little hands and mouths from One Handed Cooks.
Recipe: Spinach and three cheese rolls
You won't be able to stop at eating just one!
Recipe: Zucchini and cheese fritters
Lots of veggies, freezer-friendly and a kid fave!
Hey presto! 4 one-pot wonder recipes
Which also means only one pot to wash up.