Anyone who grew up in the ‘90s would know The Rugrats theme song. And more than a few of us tried to learn the ditty on the keys.
The Rugrats Movie, of course, is another staple in a ‘90s kid’s TV repertoire. Whipping out that videotape to put in the VHS player (either sneakily taped by the parentals or an actual release) was definitely part of the weekend routine. The soundtrack was also pretty great, and it’s now seeing second life. 20 years on, it’s being released on orange vinyl, as a limited edition.
Written by Devo’s Mark Mothersbaugh(who also wrote the theme song), there’s a whole host of stars that appear. Acts like Iggy Pop, Beck, No Doubt, Elvis Costello, Lenny Kravitz, Patti Smith, Lisa Loeb and HEAPS more are featured, so it’s worth getting your mitts on.
The Rugrats Movie: Music From The Motion Picture Tracklist:
1. Take Me There - Blackstreet & Mya feat. Ma$e & Blinky Blink
2. I Throw My Toys Around - No Doubt feat. Elvis Costello
3. This World Is Something New To Me - B Real, Beck, Cindy Wilson, DawnRobinson, Fred Schneider, Gordon Gano, Iggy Pop, Jakob Dylan, KatePierson, Laurie Anderson, Lenny Kravitz, Lisa Loeb, Lou Rawls, Patti Smith, Phife
4. All Day - Lisa Loeb
5. Dil-A-Bye - E.G. Daily
6. A Baby Is A Gift From A Bob - Cheryl Chase & Cree Summer
1. One Way Or Another - Cheryl Chase
2. Wild Ride - Kevi of 1000 Clowns feat. Lisa Stone
3. On Your Marks, Get Set, Ready, Go! - Busta Rhymes
4. Witch Doctor - Devo
5. Take The Train - Rakim & Danny Saber
6. Yo Ho Ho And A Bottle of Yum! - E.G. Daily, Christine Cavanaugh, & Kath Soucie
Brand new episodes of Rugrats are coming!
They'll never grow out of being cute.
Seven ways Peppa Pig changes your life forever
Muddy puddle posse unite!
We’ve found the first music videos of The Wiggles and there’s not a skivvy in sight
AND there's a fifth member of the crew!
20 awesome music t-shirts for kids
From Lego Bowie to Beastie Girls to Metallica’s Master Of Parents, here's 20 sweet designs to get their wardrobe rocking.
14 magically easy ideas for a unicorn birthday party
No. You don't have to attempt an Insta-worthy unicorn cake.
There's a new kids’ TV show to give you nightmares. Great.
“Bet my daughter will love it, sigh.”
Sir Paul McCartney is the latest musician to write a kids' book!
It's called Hey Grandude, and it looks every bit as wonderful as his music.
Thelma lovers! Your favourite unicorn is coming to Netflix
The Aaron Blabey children's book is getting the Netflix treatment.