Don’t fritter away your time worrying about how to get veggies into those little tummies! This recipe is here to save the day. Plenty of green vegetables, which can be substituted as you fancy, and plenty of herbage.
And let’s not forget the quinoa which really deserves its own special mention. Like a superhero swooping in, this little miracle seed is a very on-trend superfood that is packed full of goodness. If you look really closely you might just be able to spot the cape!
Green Pea Fritters
- 280 g (2 cups) fresh podded peas
- 2 eggs
- 1 handful fresh herbs (parsley, basil, thyme, coriander)
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 185 g (1 cup) quinoa, cooked
- 150 g goats feta
- zest of one lemon
- ghee for frying
- Add half of the peas, eggs, herbs, spinach and into a food processor and combine until smooth.
- Fold through remaining ingredients and let sit for 10 minutes.
- If batter is too runny simply add more quinoa.
- Fry little spoonfuls of this mixture onto a pan with ghee on medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden.
- Serve with chutney or yogurt.
- Perfect for a next day lunch box.
For more healthy hits, check out There's a Beetroot in my Cake. It has over sixty irresistible recipes to get your kids excited about vegetables, fruits and supercharged foods.
7 nifty ways to “pretend-clean” your house
Out of sight, out of mind. Right??
Lunchbox newbie! Here's what you need to know about packing food for school
Tips for Australian parents on what to pack for fruit break, recess and lunch.
The Marie Kondo craze - don't forget the most important step
Aren't you forgetting something?
The 10-minute Tzatziki Dip recipe you need for summer
A homemade dip – who has time for that?! You do.
Make Banana Cinnamon Scrolls with the kids these school holidays
They'll love kneading out the dough - and eating them, too.
This go-to Salt and Pepper Squid recipe is easy as pie (promise!)
Make the dish that's part of our national repertoire!
A two-ingredient Watermelon Cake recipe that daycare will love
Alongside mangos, watermelon has to be up there as one of our country’s favourite fruits.
This wholesome Chocolate Black Bean Brownies recipe is so addictive
Scrumptious and nutritious.