Don’t fritter away your time worrying about how to get veggies into those little tummies! This recipe is here to save the day. Plenty of green vegetables, which can be substituted as you fancy, and plenty of herbage.
And let’s not forget the quinoa which really deserves its own special mention. Like a superhero swooping in, this little miracle seed is a very on-trend superfood that is packed full of goodness. If you look really closely you might just be able to spot the cape!
Green Pea Fritters
- 280 g (2 cups) fresh podded peas
- 2 eggs
- 1 handful fresh herbs (parsley, basil, thyme, coriander)
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 185 g (1 cup) quinoa, cooked
- 150 g goats feta
- zest of one lemon
- ghee for frying
- Add half of the peas, eggs, herbs, spinach and into a food processor and combine until smooth.
- Fold through remaining ingredients and let sit for 10 minutes.
- If batter is too runny simply add more quinoa.
- Fry little spoonfuls of this mixture onto a pan with ghee on medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden.
- Serve with chutney or yogurt.
- Perfect for a next day lunch box.
For more healthy hits, check out There's a Beetroot in my Cake. It has over sixty irresistible recipes to get your kids excited about vegetables, fruits and supercharged foods.
Fun spooky Halloween mini-pizzas in 10 minutes!
This 10-minute spooky pizza recipe is perfect for your little monsters on Halloween!
Recipe: Chocolate chip Anzac slice
Your favourite cookie got a delicious makeover!
These Bluey birthday cakes are all the inspiration you need!
These cakes are seriously impressive!
'90s canteen foods that were the bomb back in the day
... but you probably wouldn't let your kids order them now!
This rocking chair with attached bassinet is hands-down the most genius invention ever
Recipe: Super-easy apple, cinnamon and oat pikelets
Your toddler's new favourite snack!
Shhh! 10 (secret) reasons why every family loves Bunnings
It's not just the sausage sizzle!
16 cakes that prove the art of the Women's Weekly birthday cake isn't dead
Enough with the fancy fondant cakes, already!