Here at Kinderling Kids Radio we are so excited about Book Week! We've got our costumes made (at the last minute with lots of hot-glue gun mess of course) and our favourite books at the ready.
To celebrate the week long celebration of all things book-ish we're giving away the ultimate book bundle for your school or daycare. We've put together a whopping 52 of our favourite stories for you and your daycare centre or playgroup; that's a new book every week!
Plus there's a special prize pack made up of seven of the best books just for you and your family to keep.Win a year's worth of books to celebrate Book Week
Competition not loading? Launch in a new window.
The seven titles have been nominated or shortlisted by the Children’s Book Council of Australia, and are written by some of Australia’s most loved authors including Alison Lester, Aaron Blabey and Mem Fox, and you can tune in nightly at 5pm this week to listen to them.
Most of the 52 books have been featured on air as Story of the Week throughout the past year, so we really can vouch for the total fabulousness of this haul!
What are you waiting for? Entries for this giveaway close on Monday 27th August at 11:59pm so get in now and enter our competition now so you can get your hands on this fabulous book stash!
The 52-book prize for your daycare / playgroup includes:
- A Curry for Murray by Kate Hunter
- A Fearsome Beast and a Dumpling Feast by Yves Stening
- A Patch from Scratch by Megan Forward
- Archie and the Bear by Zanni Louise
- At My Family Table by Mandy dos Santos
- Boy by Phil Cummings
- Brothers from a Different Mother by Philip Gwynne
- Charlie by Ronojoy Ghosh
- Crow and the Waterhole by Ambelin Kwaymullina
- Florette by Anna Walker
- Go Go and the Silver Shoes by Jane Godwin
- Harold and Grace by Sean E Avery
- How Big are your Worries Little Bear? By Jayneen Sanders
- I Just Couldn't Wait to Meet You by Kate Ritchie
- I'm Australian Too by Mem Fox
- Indigo Solves the Puzzle by Wendy Fitzgerald
- It's Hard to Love a Tiger by Anna Pignataro
- Kissed by the Moon by Alison Lester
- Koala Bare by Jackie French
- Little Koala Lost by Blaze Kwaymullina
- Macca the Alpaca by Matt Cosgrove
- Me and You by Deborah Kelly
- Miss Mae's Saturday by Justine Flynn
- Monsters by Anna Fienberg
- My Brother is a Beast by Damon Young
- My Mum is a Magician by Damon Young
- My Nanna is a Ninja by Damon Young
- My Pop is a Pirate by Damon Young
- My Sister is a Superhero by Damon Young
- No Difference Between Us by Jayneen Sanders
- No Place Like Home by Ronojoy Ghosh
- Perfectly Norman by Tom Percival
- Pig the Pug by Aaron Blabey
- Pig the Star by Aaron Blabey
- Rodney Loses It! by Michael Gerard Bauer
- Room on Our Rock by Kate & Jol Temple
- Speak Chinese Fang Fang! By Sally Rippin
- Swan Lake by Anne Spudvillas
- The Children Who Loved Books by Peter Carnavas
- The Deep by Tim Winton
- The Everywhere Bear by Julia Donaldson
- The Sleeping Beauty by David McAllister
- The Very Cranky Bear by Nick Bland
- The Very Noisy Baby by Alison Lester
- They Came from Planet Zabalooloo! by Sean Taylor
- Under my Bed by John Dickson
- Whale in My Bath by Kylie Westaway
- Welcome to Country by Aunty Joy Murphy
- Wild Pa by Claire Saxby
- Who's got a Normal Family? by Belinda Nowell
- Why Can't I be a Dinosaur? by Kylie Westaway
- Zoo House by Heath McKenzie
The 7-book prize just for you and your family includes:
1. Boy by Phil Cummings
2. Florette by Anna Walker
3. I'm Australian Too by Mem Fox
4. Pig the Star by Aaron Blabey
5. Rodney Loses It! by Michael Gerard Bauer
6. The Very Noisy Baby by Alison Lester
7. Why Can't I be a Dinosaur? by Kylie Westaway
With thanks to the following publishers Affirm Press, Allen & Unwin, Berbay Publishing, Bloomsbury, Educate2Empower Publishing, Fremantle Press, Hardie Grant Egmont, Little Steps Publishing, New Frontier Publishing, Pan Macmillan, Penguin Random House Australia, Scholastic Australia, University of Queensland Press, and Walker Books!
Book Week costume hacks that won't break the bank (or your brain)
Foolproof ideas for the unorganised!
Why treehouses are all the rage in children’s books
Thirteen-Storey Treehouse, The Lorax, Captain Underpants ... the list goes on!
Here’s why reading aloud to kids is essential (plus tips for making the most of it)
Reading books to your little one is one of the most precious activities in life.
The top 5 books I love reading to my kids
Shevonne Hunt loves nothing more than snuggling up with a fave book to share with her kids.
7 stories about refugees to read to your kids
Helping children understand what others experience across the world.
8 spooktacularly cute ideas for your Halloween party!
Make your fam’s Halloween party the best on the block with these 8 cute spooky (but not too spooky) party ideas.
Magic up some spooky fun with these 9 Halloween DIY activities
Get crafty with these spooktacular Halloween activities the kids can make themselves.
To the moon and back! 12 fun activities for your space-loving toddler
12 easy space-themed activities for toddlers and kids