Thu 29 November 2018
The term “self-care” seems to apply more often than not to mums.
But dads need to look after themselves too, so what does self-care look like?
Psychologist Clive Williams talks about why dads need time off too, and suggests it may not be all massages and yoga.
Listen to the podcast
More from the Dad's Mental Health series
- Why we need to start talking about dad's mental health: Dr Catherine Wade
- Why are dads still struggling with postnatal depression: Associate Professor Richard Fletcher
- Why dads need to reconnect with their mates: Jeremy Macvean, The Movember Foundation
- When men struggle and women don't know what to do: Dr Elysia Thornton Benko
- The importance of good fathering role models: Dr Bruce Robinson, The Fathering Project
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder in families: Dr Brian O'Toole
- Why kids and families are the real victims of PTSD
- Dads and PND: Why texting is part of the solution
- Why dads need their mates (and how we can help)
- 1 in 5 dads are anxious and depressed: How do we change that?
- The Fathering Project: "I wish someone had shown me how to be a good dad"
- Humans of New York dad's truth: "I just need a little space to be me"
Listen to more Parents & Carers segments
Subscribe to our mailing list for the latest news, comps and music.