Tue 11 December 2018
While many people are excited about the silly season, it fills others with dread or sadness.
When a family has suffered loss – through death, separation or divorce, Christmas can be a really tough time.
Listen to the podcast
She explains how you can manage sadness at this time of year, how to help a friend who may be going through loss, and why it's important to reach out to those who may be having a difficult festive season.
For more on the work Karen does you can visit her website.
Plus you can find more of the advice Karen has given to Kinderling about everything from anxiety, starting school, and parenting fairly by clicking through below;
- How to talk to children about death and dying
- 4 truths to help you parent your second child fairly
- Kids' meditation in 3 easy steps
- Bumpy road ahead: How to support your child through their first year at school
- Anxiety tooldbox: Tips and tricks to helping your little one feel secure