Thu 13 April 2017
Deborah Dickson-Smith from Out and About With Kids gives us her top five tips for making a road trip enjoyable.
- A drive plan. Before you head off, discuss and agree a drive plan with your partner. Where and when to stop along the way for toilet and lunch breaks, when to swap drivers.
- A device loaded with games to play and things to watch, and some way of attaching it to the seat in front so kids don't get sore necks or car sick.
- Enough head phones for all, and a head-phone splitter in case more than one child wants to watch the same screen/listen to the same music.
- A pack of cards. And maybe a couple of board games, for those rainy days. Definitely NOT a game with lots of little bits (like Monopoly) that can get lost on holiday.
- Sick bags. I usually nab one or two every time I fly somewhere, so we have a stash in the car.