Mon 12 November 2018
Mothercraft nurse Chris Minogue has spent her professional life helping parents and carers all over Australia. Her book Bringing Baby Home has become a must-read for all new parents.
She also spends her Mondays joining Shevonne Hunt to take your parenting questions - helping out with everything from the first few days coming home from the hospital, through to navigating the terrible-twos, and separation anxiety and behvaioural issues with older children.
In this episode Chris offers advice covering the following topics;
- How to get a 15-month-old to sleep in their own bed
- Reasons why a six-year-old might be having difficulties managing emotions, crying a lot at prep-school
- Strategies to encourage a four-year-old to feed themselves
- How to get a two-year-old to sleep beyond 6am
- How to stop a 21-month-old from constantly touching everything around the house (including things that can be dangerous such as power points and appliances) without yelling 'NO' or constantly having to chase after him
- Why a one-year-old would be waking overnight for half of the week but sleeping through all night for the rest of the week
- Helping parents with a seven-month-old who used to be able to self settle but now screams out for mum during nap and bed time put down and occasionally at night for comfort and is still on two feeds a night
- Advice for a four-year-old who is dominating and controlling his friends and antagonising them because they give him a reaction
- Strategies to try and potty train a reluctant two-year-old
Listen to the podcast
This program is brought to you by Emla. Use Emla anaesthetic patches or creams to ease the pain of children's vaccinations and blood tests. Always read the label. Follow the directions for use.
Hear the latest from Helpline
Kinderling Helpline: Overseas travel tips, 4-year-old aggressive behaviour, best sleep practices and more
Subscribe to our mailing list for the latest news, comps and music.