Thu 28 March 2019
The zoo is abuzz with excitement because the penguins are coming! The only thing is that none of the animals have actually seen one... but that doesn't stop them from making outlandish guesses as to what they eat, how they parent and what they look like!
Written by award-winning Fremantle-based author Meg McKinlay, this cheeky book was inspired by a conversation she had with her 8-year old daughter about penguins. Melbourne-based illustrator Mark Jackson has brought Meg's story to life with hilarious depictions of zoo animals imagining what their new penguin neighbours get up to.
- Short-listed, Speech Pathology Australia Book of the Year Awards, Young Children Category, 2011
BUY - Available at your favourite bookstore, or online at Booktopia.
Read by Lucy Suze Taylor.
Published by Walker Books.
Hear more Stories Of The Week
Discover more programs
- Birthday Party Playlists
- Busy Bodies with Mr Snot Bottom
- The Beanies
- Bedtime Explorers
- Daytime Explorers
- Digital Disco
- Dirtgirl's Nature Detective Academy
- Gather 'Round with Groovy Ruby
- Mother Tongue with Sirine
- Play & Learn
- Regression Session with Barry Divola
- Retro Rewind
- Settle Petal
- Sleepy Soundtrack
- Together Time
- Story of the Week
Subscribe to our mailing list for the latest news, comps and music.